*Contains no spoilers…at all*
Having recently visited and experienced the studio tour I was thoroughly impressed after being immersed into a world of Harry Potter, and this was my experience.
First impressions of the ticket prices could be enough to deter some from wanting to go. However, after experiencing it first hand and as the saying goes, you get enough bang for your buck. A phrase that fully encapsulates this experience. Don’t be put off by the prices as the tour fully submerges you into this new world and you won’t be disappointed.
A mini airport style search greets you after you have collected your ticket, but this is over in a matter of seconds. You are then greeted by an intimidating queue inside to enter the full attraction. Again, don’t let this dampen the start to your day. This is where the excitement builds as you can see the doors to the start of this other world. This queue moves quickly as people are allowed to enter the start of the tour.
3 hours is the time that the Warner Bros. Studios say the tour may take you. However, there is no time limit on how long you can take walking around the tour. After experiencing the first two rooms you are free at your own leisure to start walking around the studio tour. Personally, it took approximately just over 2 and a half hours to walk around the tour. However, it would take longer if you took part in some of the photo opportunities and took your time to read all the snippets of information…and decided to indulge yourself in the gift shop.
This tour will leave you feeling like you have been thrown into the Harry Potter world. Nobody would leave disappointed. The amount of wonder and awe is abundant, no matter how big of a fan you are. The gift shop prices, however, may leave little to be desired. But, all memorabilia and gifts seemed of high quality and something to remember the experience by is a must.
Some top tips I would recommend:
- If you have arrived early for your time slot go have a browse in the gift shop or grab a drink. If you queue, after you have received your ticket and your time slot isn’t until much later, you won’t be allowed to enter the tour until your time slot. An example of this was people queuing to start the tour an hour before their time slot. So….relax, you will be allowed to go in and you won’t miss your time slot.
- Take photos for your own memories, especially if you don’t want to pay for the photo opportunities inside.
- Take the tour at your own pace and fully immerse yourself into the Harry Potter World.
- If you don’t want to pay for the food prices inside….bring your own food. As long as it is sealed away and is only eaten in the food court areas your own food is welcome.
- Don’t rush – it is an exciting experience but take your time around the tour to ensure you experience everything you want and you are not disappointed.
If you were thinking of visiting hopefully this has helped in your decision. It is by far one of the most stunning attractions you could visit and would not leave you disappointed.